Monday, January 31, 2011

Brooke Burke Dishes on "The Naked Mom"

Somehow finding the time to compile a literary offering in between caring for four children and continuing her television career, Brooke Burke is in the midst of promoting her new book "The Naked Mom: A Modern Mom?s Fearless Revelations,Savvy Advice, and Soulful Reflections".

The "Dancing with the Stars" host most recently dropped by Ryan Seacrest's KIIS FM show on Monday (January 31), where she chatted out getting nude for the cover, among other topics (see audio below).

Also interviewing with PopEater, Miss Burke was first asked about what she feels is the hardest part of motherhood.

To this, Brooke replied, "Not losing your sense of self in the process. You can still have goals and priorities outside of your family. You can still be 100 percent committed to your family. I've accomplished more as a mother than any other time in my life and it's about remembering that you matter. Committing to taking care of yourself and your partner just as well as you take care of your children. I think that's the ultimate challenge, and it's easier said than done, but it's possible."

The 39-year-old beauty also spoke about how she addresses the ups and downs of making a blended family work in "The Naked Mom".

Of her decision to touch on the issue, she dished, "It's tough. I have to tell you the process of writing this book was very scary. I spent a lot of time thinking what do I share, what do I not share, and then I realized how many people are raising a blended family, how many people get a divorce and think life is going to be instantly better and they're never going to have to deal with a lot of these problems. The truth of the matter is when you go through a life change like that, a whole new set of problems come along. Being really able to be uncensored as a celebrity and say, you know, I'm going to share my private life, I'm going to show what it's really like because I think there's a lot to learn from community healing, that's why I blog."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/brooke-burke/brooke-burke-dishes-naked-mom-468745

Katharine McPhee Katharine Towne Katherine Heigl Katie Cassidy Katie Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment