Saturday, June 2, 2012

Julianne Hough's Sporty/Sexy Interview Feature

With her new movie "Rock of Ages" set to hit theaters on June 15th, Julianne Hough scored herself a feature in the June/July 2012 issue of Interview magazine.

The 23-year-old actress donned designer garb from the likes of Isabel Marant, Pierre Balmain and Donna Karan for the sporty Patrick Demarchelier shot spread lining the pages while dishing about everything from Tom Cruise to growing up in Utah.

Highlights from Miss Hough's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Interview!

On working with Tom Cruise on 'Rock of Ages':
"I think my generation will always look at him as Tom Cruise, the movie star. But the thing about Tom is that he's super-cool, and whatever nerves I had going into a scene with him, afterwards he would say how funny it was or what a great job I did. So that really made me feel confident. But at the same time, my first scene with him was when my character, Sherrie, meets him for the first time and he says that she has a perky heart as he's grabbing her chest, so that was definitely pretty real."

On whether her boyfriend, Ryan Seacrest, got jealous over her smooch scene with Cruise:
"No, not at all. But he did come on set a couple of times and..."

On her memories of being raised in Utah:
"Growing up in Utah and growing up a Mormon are separate things. Utah is so wonderful. My greatest memories of Utah are of always being outdoors. It's a very athletic environment that I think gave me a lot of drive to be fit and live well. As far as being LDS [Latter-day Saints], I think that with any religion, no matter what religion it is, people are going to make their own stereotypes. But you know what, who cares? The thing that I loved about growing up Mormon is that I had morals and standards instilled in me as a kid?like, you need to be a nice person, and a thoughtful person, and if anybody is trying to dog that, then I think that's rude. It's, like, don't you want to raise your kids with that kind of mentality? I mean, I may not be as active in it as some people are, but I think that the church has taught me great life lessons."

On if she ever 'blows her stack' due to aggressive paparazzi:
Um, yeah. That recently happened. We were on vacation, and I swear, my boyfriend and I try to keep it as low-key as possible. We don't really go out when we're at home. We don't go to places to get pap'd. The only times we ever get photographed together is when we're on vacation, because we can't really control it, you know? So it looks like we're always on vacation. Over Christmas we were on a friend's boat, and I had gained a little bit of weight while I was on the trip, as you do over Christmas . . . So I'm thinking, Okay, if they shoot me right now, all they're going to say is something about my bikini. So I'm like, 'I'm going to show them. I'm going to do a frickin' dive off the top of the boat, and then my cool points will go up, and they can't say anything about the weight that I've gained.' So I did it. I was like, 'D**n right!'"

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/julianne-hough/julianne-houghs-sportysexy-interview-feature-650026

Kerry Suseck Kim Kardashian Kim Smith Kim Yoon jin Kirsten Dunst

No comments:

Post a Comment