Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Shawn Johnson Announces Retirement From Gymnastics

The London games will be missing one heck of a competitor. Shawn Johnson has just announced that she is retiring from gymnastics. She is one of the most popular gymnast?s of all time, I know some may disagree with that but that is what I think, however Shawn Johnson will no longer be competing in the sport she loves. Yep the pint-sized 20-year old revealed today that she is retiring.�Shawn released this statement regarding this news, that I have to say makes me sad cause I so wanted to see her compete in London. “I still have the heart, drive, and desire to compete and help the USA at the London Olympics. Unfortunately, it has become obvious that my left knee is not able to sustain the demands of gymnastics any longer. All I can do now is gracefully retire and thank everyone who has believed in me and my journey.” Johnson injured her knee back in 2010 in a skiing accident. Up until recently Shawn had been training to compete in London at the Olympics. As you may recall she has not been competing so well lately. I can only imagine how hard of a decision this was for [...]

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RightCelebrity/~3/3MtrVM4hKVI/

Nichole Robinson Nicky Hilton Nicole Richie Nicole Scherzinger Nicollette Sheridan

No comments:

Post a Comment