Monday, February 25, 2013

Jennifer Lawrence on Her Oscars Fall and Taking Shots Backstage!

Jennifer Lawrence capped off her award season with an Oscar! After winning her best actress Academy Award for Silver Linings Playbook - and taking a bit of a tumble in her big dress and high heels making her way to the stage -�the humble and happy actress stepped to the backstage press room. Here are highlights:

On her fall while walking up to the stage: "Was that on purpose? Absolutely! What happened? What do you mean what happened -�look at my dress! I tried to walk upstairs in this dress, that's what happened. I tried to walk upstairs and stepped on the fabric. They waxed the stairs. What was going through my mind? A bad word that I can't say that starts with F."

On what this win and movie means for people with mental illness: "I don't think we're going to stop until we get rid of the stigma for mental illness -�I know David won't. I hope that this helps. It's so bizarre that in this world if you have asthma you take asthma medicine. If you have diabetes you take diabetes medicine. But as soon as you have to take medication for your mind there's such a stigma behind it."

On the getting-ready process today: "I'm just cross-eyed! The process today was so stressful. I felt like Steve Martin in Father of the Bride watching my house just get torn apart. My whole family was getting ready. My friends stopped by; it was kind of fun, but it was mostly chaotic. I dunno, I just woke up and tried on the dress and it fit - thank god -�and then I took a shower. That's what I did! I got my hair and makeup done . . . and then I came to the Oscars! I'm sorry, I took a shot before coming back here. Sorry!"

On this time being different than her first nomination: "Well, I didn't eat today because I was so stressed, so I was starving for the car ride over. So that sucked. But I think I was less nervous because I had been through it before. I know more people. Last time I was brand new to the industry and didn't know anyone. So I know more people and that makes it a lot less awkward."

On Seth's hosting and the opening boob song: "I love the boobs song. I thought he was great, really hilarious."

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/popsugar/~3/T_wzkGThucc/Jennifer-Lawrence-Oscars-Quotes-28279087

The Pussycat Dolls Thora Birch Tila Tequila Tina Fey Tricia Helfer

No comments:

Post a Comment