Monday, September 30, 2013

Alexis Neiers Reveals She Was Molested as a Child

She was thrust in to the spotlight as a member of the real life "Bling Ring," and nabbed herself a spot on E!'s reality show "Pretty Wild," but now Alexis Neiers has revealed she was molested as a child.

In a blog post on Vice, the 22-year-old said she suffered the sexual abuse at the hands of a male relative, and that the trauma led her to alcohol and drug abuse as she got older.

In part, she said "After getting sober for the first time at age 18, I quickly relapsed and began having night terrors about sexual attacks that happened to me as a child. After my memories resurfaced, I kept the history of sexual abuse a secret for another year, until I entered rehab for my addiction."

Though she did not report the incident at the time, Alexis finally decided to come forward. ?I?m making my traumatic history public knowledge, because one in five girls and one in 20 boys are victims of childhood sexual abuse. To prevent him from abusing other children and to begin the healing process, I had to speak up.?

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/alexis-neiers/alexis-neiers-reveals-she-was-molested-child-934755

Rachel Nichols Rachel Perry Rachel Weisz Radha Mitchell Raquel Alessi

No comments:

Post a Comment