Saturday, February 25, 2012

Michelle Williams on No Longer Being the Susan Lucci of the Spirit Awards

Michelle Williams took home her very first Spirit Award today for My Week With Marilyn. She was very excited about her statuette as she headed back to the press room to talk to reporters about her prep work for the film, and how she feels about her rise to fame.

On winning her first Spirit Award after being nominated four times: My friend said earlier, "You're like the Susan Lucci of the Independent Spirit Awards!"

On how she prepared to play Marilyn: You have to put the idea of her as an icon out of your mind, you have to think of her as a girl, as an ordinary girl, which is how she wanted people to think of her ultimately.

On how she approached the role: I took my time, you watch all the movies, you read all the books, you go on YouTube. You become a really good student.

On how far she's come since growing up in Montana: I just do some work. I just keep my head down, which is actually a very Montana attitude. There's this Quaker thing that I like, "Eyes to the ground and heart to the sky." I just keep focused.

On her favorite quote from the script: I do have one but I don't want to tell you what it is!

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/popsugar/~3/7JSxcsexpls/Michelle-Williams-Playing-Marilyn-Monroe-21919456

Esther CaƱadas Eva Green Eva Longoria Eva Mendes Evangeline Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment