Thursday, February 9, 2012

Zooey Deschanel Covers Company March 2012

She's enjoying success on her TV show "New Girl," and Zooey Deschanel finds herself on the cover of the March 2012 issue of Company magazine.

The 32-year-old poses for a too-cute Hilary Walsh shot spread while chatting about accidentally entering a beauty pageant and her status in the fashion world.

Highlights from Zooey's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to visit Company!

On accidentally entering a beauty pageant:
"It was basically all the trappings of a beauty pageant, without the swimsuit round! You had to do a big musical opening number and answer the sorts of questions they ask in beauty pageants, about charity. I was horrified once I realized what it was. I thought I was entering a talent contest ? a pageant was not cool! But I'm not a quitter, so I stuck it out, and my mom and sister laughed at me the entire time. I didn't win. A girl who played the viola did."

On nerding out on music:
"Old music, I mean. Interviewing Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys was life changing. So was the first gig my parents took my sister and me to. It was a Rolling Stones concert in a giant arena when I was eight. Guns 'N Roses opened, and Axl Rose wore buttless pants. I was mortified that you could see his butt! At eight that was like the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen."

On whether she considers herself a style icon:
"I'm not Lady Gaga ? I don't push the envelope that much. I probably do more than most actresses, as I have my folk rock band, She & Him. People in the music world are allowed to go a little crazier; actresses usually stay so safe ? it's cool to be between. I'm not afraid to wear something weirder, even if people don't like it."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/zooey-deschanel/zooey-deschanel-covers-company-march-2012-584023

Mena Suvari Mia Kirshner Mía Maestro Michael Michele Michelle Behennah

No comments:

Post a Comment